Lung Diseases List
The lungs are one of the most important organs of our body. It helps in the process of respiration and as well as heart it functions the purification of blood via supply of oxygen. Virtually any problem with the lungs may result in life-threatening consequences. Air is actually inhaled in the body through the nostrils which is directly acquired through the lungs. This process exposes the lungs to many infections and illnesses that if not taken care in time may even lead to passing away. So, keep a note of the list of lung diseases as well as try to protect yourself from buying them.
- Bronchitis: In case of bronchitis, the air passage from the windpipe to the lungs will get inflammed.
- Smokers are more likely to suffer from this condition.
- Chronic bronchitis can lead to chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD).
- Patients of chronic bronchitis have got cough for years.
- Inflammation of the wind pipe to the lungs leads to extreme distress.
- The particular mucus will be heavy, yellow, and greenish.
Congested nasal and also torso with slight mucous along with a runny nose may not be dangerous. Nonetheless, symptoms such as a sore throat, fever, discomfort, yellow or green mucous, looseness of the bowels, vomiting, and so on., may signal an underlying issue such as flu virus.
Causes of Fluid in the Lungs There are small air sacs called alveolus (plural: alveoli) present inside the lungs where exchange of gas take place with the blood. These kinds of include the new taken in oxygen. The blood in the small blood vessels around the alveoli takes up the...
What is emphysema? Respiratory system diseases NCLEX-RN Khan Academy
Emphysema is a chronic medical condition (most often caused by smoking and air pollution) where lung tissue is damaged and traps air inside the lung.
Major DiseasesOther DiseaseLung Condition Symptoms as Well as Treatments
The symptoms of the lung diseases totally is determined by its kind. The signs and symptoms may also vary from person to person as the weight power of our bodies also matters. Cough, shortness of breath, coughing, fatigue, chills, shaking, multiplied heart rhythm, etc., are some of the most common symptoms. Chronic lung disease may result in blood throughout coughing, failure to breathe, upper body pain, and so on. These symptoms can be treated as soon as possible in order to avoid problems. Treatment will also depend upon the type of illness. Antibiotics, supplemental vitamins, anesthetics, inhalers, etc., are some of the common treatments. In case of severe condition non-invasive positive pressure ventilation (NIV), chest physiotherapy, supplemental oxygen therapy, and so forth., may be given. Lung diseases caused by smoking like emphysema and asthma, can be treated only when the person puts a stop to smoking cigarettes.
- At times, the pressure might increase to such an extent that it might lead to cardiovascular dysfunction.
- That is scientifically referred to as tension pneumothorax.
- In the event that unattended, it may even lead to death.