The body's natural reflex reaction to get rid of mucus, trapped organisms, and foreign material from the lungs and throat is by coughing. There are 2 types of cough, one is productive cough and the other is termed as non-productive cough. In productive cough, the lungs are filled with mucus and one needs to cough up the phlegm. In non-productive cough, mucus is not produced and one suffers from dry cough. One may suffer from either chronic or acute cough. There are several causes of cough, like asthma, allergies, inflammation of the larynx or pharynx, bacterial respiratory infection, smoking, inhalation of irritants, changes in weather, etc. In the following paragraphs, we shall cover some remedies that will help you get rid of this annoying condition.
Intra-Alveolar Pressure = 2T R
Stands for tension and R stands for the radius of the alveolus.
Effect of the Law of Laplace on the Alveoli
Smaller alveoli have a larger intraluminal pressure. As gas flows from a region of high pressure to low pressure, it flows from the small to large alveolus, which can cause the small alveolus to collapse. However, the decrease in alveolar volume decreases surface area, which concentrates the surfactant molecules. This reduces the surface tension. When the surface tension decreases due to the surfactant, the pressure becomes lower in the small alveolus. As a result, gas flows from the large alveolus to the smaller one. This prevents it from collapsing.
Another easy and effectual cure involves the use of apple cider vinegar and honey. Mix a teaspoon of apple cider vinegar with equal amounts of honey. Drink this concoction to cure cough. Similarly, mix equal amount of aloe vera juice or gel with honey and take a teaspoon of this mixture. It will soothe your throat and provide quick relief.
You can shred an onion and add 1 teaspoon of thyme leaf and a cup of honey. This mixture should be added to a pan and heated till it becomes soft. This mixture can then be added to the child's food and see the cough disappear. The remaining mixture can be refrigerated and used when needed.
- You can extract the juice from a finely chopped onion and add about 2 teaspoons of it to 2 teaspoons of honey.
- Mix well and keep it aside for 5 to 6 hours.
- Then, take one teaspoon of this mixture at least 2 times a day.
Congestive Heart Failure (CHF)
More severe condition than the ones mentioned earlier, congestive heart failure has intermittent coughing (sometimes accompanied by gagging) as one of its early symptoms. The coughing grows worse with excitation or physical exertion. In most dogs, the cough begins at night after they go to sleep.
These symptoms are commonly found if you suffer from any respiratory disorder. The following are the causes of fever and sore throat observed in adults and children.
Common cold is the most common medical condition in the world. Common cold is a mild infection caused by virus, and is characterized by sore throat, low-grade fever, cough, sneezing, and runny nose. Common cold is very contagious and commonly seen in infants and children.
We speak of acute bronchitis, then more often than not, the cause is detected to be a viral infection in 90% of cases. And the virus that causes it is usually the same pathogen that causes common cold or influenza (flu). This type of the condition, as seen in most patients, begins after a person contracts cold or a sore throat.
Dry drowning is considered an extremely serious matter, and it is strongly recommended that parents to keep an eye on their children while they swim in the pool. Even after the swimming session is over, parents or guardians should observe the child for the above symptoms. Likewise, children who have been playing in water (such as water parks, bathtubs, etc.) also need to be monitored for dry drowning symptoms.
- For both acute and chronic form of the condition, the most common and classic symptom is a hacking cough.
- This cough may make the patient spit out mucus which can be yellow-grey, green, white or clear.
- These can be worsened by a feeling of being tired (sometimes even without any exertion), low-grade fever, chills and an uneasy feeling in the chest.
- Sore throat, wheezing, nasal congestion, and body aches are some other symptoms that may occur.
- These symptoms may vary in their severity, depending on whether the problem is acute or chronic.
- For instance, if the person is diagnosed with acute bronchitis, then he may be troubled by a cough that would last for several weeks.
- However, the same does not subside even until three months for about two years, then the case might be declared to be one of a chronic bronchitis.
Dry Cough Cures
Dry cough is mostly caused due to an allergy, viral infection, asthma attack, exposure to foreign bodies or chemicals, and even heavy smoking. You can resort to a few remedies to get rid of this condition at the earliest.
Broken Rib Symptoms Did You Know?The human rib cage, also known as thoracic cage, has 24 ribs, but nearly 1 in 500 people have an extra rib known as cervical rib. In some rare cases, they have two as well!A broken rib is a common injury that occurs when one of...
- You can prepare a tea containing 1 lemon juice and a tablespoon of honey.
- Honey helps soothe the irritated throat and clear the dry cough.
Cure A Nagging Cough Or Inflammation Of The Lungs With This Quick Trick
Source: http://homereemediess.blogspot.com/ FB: https://www.facebook.com/Natural-Home-Remedies-1728113797414176/ Google+: ...
- Glass of hot milk mixed with a tablespoon of honey is also effective.
- You can drink this milk at bedtime, as it will prevent coughing and help you sleep peacefully.
- You can peel a small piece of ginger and sprinkle some salt on it.
- Chew this piece of ginger as it is an effective dry cough remedy.
- A nice, hot bath or shower and breathing in the steam will also help relieve the dry cough.
- You can add 1 tablespoon of salt to lukewarm water and use it to gargle.
- It is a very beneficial remedy.
- Mix 1 gram turmeric powder with 1 tablespoon of honey.
- Have this mixture thrice a day to get rid of dry cough quickly.
- Soak 5 to 6 almonds overnight and peel their skin off in the morning.
- Grind the almonds to a fine paste and add a bit of sugar to it.
- Eat this paste to treat your dry cough.
- You can even bring home a humidifier and place it in your bedroom or living room.
- This will help heal your dry cough and keep respiratory infections at bay.
Cough Remedies for Children
Children are the ones most affected by cough, cold, and flu. This is because their immune system is developing and cannot cope with the common infections. There are many treatment options for babies that you can try at home and help your child get better. These natural remedies do not cause any allergic or adverse side effects.
- An older child can be given ginger tea as this concoction proves to be one of the most effective remedies for cough.
- Add a piece of ginger to the tea and allow the child to drink it twice a day.
- You can even prepare a special tea by adding 1 tablespoon of honey, juice of half a lemon, and warm water.
- This concoction can be given to the child to drink, and it helps to get rid of the cough as well as congestion.
- Herbal teas made from peppermint and chamomile can be given to older children.
Severe viral infections, lips and nails may turn blue. Dehydration is also one of the main symptoms of infected lungs. Candida infection caused by a fungus exhibits the same symptoms as are exhibited in other types of infections. In some severe cases, surgical removal of very large mass of fungus becomes an essential part of the treatment.
Sore Throat and Tonsillitis
You notice your dog gagging and coughing weakly, after he swallows or licks his lips, then suspect sore throat and tonsillitis as the underlying causes. These two conditions, in canines, almost always go hand in hand. The latter usually occurs as a secondary symptom of the former.
- You can even squeeze a lemon and mix it with drinking water.
- Lemon juice is also one of many tried-and-tested home remedies for cough and cold for children.
Your cough does not get better in a few days of trying these home remedies, see your doctor. If you cough up green; yellow; or brown mucus or blood or bloody mucus, visit the doctor immediately. Shortness of breath accompanied by chest pain, night sweats, persistent chills, laryngitis, skin rash, ear ache, tooth ache, headache, etc., needs medical attention. Persistent coughing also needs a doctor's attention at the earliest.