Coughing up White Mucus
White mucus is not a serious symptom. A simple home remedy like inhaling steam, will thin the mucus and make it easier to expel. Just like fever is the body's way to fight infection, secretion of mucus is too. Phlegm/mucus/sputum is produced in the body everyday, it helps to keep the nasal passages moist. But when irritants attack, more amount of mucus is produced to clear the passages. Hence, excessive mucus production is not bad news.
Slippery elm is considered one of the best scratchy throat remedy by herbalists. The inner bark of the slippery elm tree contains a mucilage. When the mucilage is mixed with water it swells up. This mix tends to soothe the irritated throat. The bark of this tree might not be easily available, in this case you can take the slippery elm capsules. They are equally effective.
- Heart Problems: When the heart is not working efficiently, it can have a direct negative impact on the lung function.
- The heart is involved in regulating blood circulation throughout the body.
- However, in medical conditions like congestive heart failure (CHF), normal blood flow is disrupted.
- As a result, the blood that is traveling from the lungs to the heart backs up.
- Thus, blood flow trying to move in opposite direction can put excessive strain on the veins that are passing through the lungs.
- This backing up of blood flow damage these veins considerably.
- The damaged veins are no longer able to sustain this abnormal blood flow, hence some amount of blood fluid spills into the lungs.
- This condition commonly known as fluid filled lungs also gives a feeling of clogged chest.
- Chest congestion arising from heart problems is typically marked by edema (build up of fluid) in the hands and feet.
CautionIt is not advisable to give honey to babies under 12 months of age, for treating the symptoms of cough. It may lead to allergic reactions and infant botulism, due to the presence of pollens and bacteria like Clostridium tetani. If the cough is persistent and lingers for more than a week, which disturbs your baby's sleep and day-to-day activities, it is better to get him examined by a pediatrician. At the same time, if your baby has sore throat, do not waste time and seek medical help immediately.
Humidifier or Vaporizer
Both the humidifier and vaporizer are used to increase moisture in air in the house. They are both used when the air is very dry, which aggravates the condition of cough. If you take a look at both of them, they will look the same from the exterior, however, there is a difference between how they operate. A humidifier breaks cold water particles and cool moisture droplets are dispersed into the air. On the other hand, steam or hot vapor from boiling water is used to humidify the room in a vaporizer.
This Clears the Basic Difference Between a Vaporizer and Humidifier
To sum it up, while the humidifier releases cold water droplets into the air, the vaporizer releases hot steam into the air and in the process humidifies the room. The humidity in the air helps in alleviating the condition of the respiratory organs. Both the humidifier and vaporizer will help in clearing congestion, which may be the cause of cough.
- Asthma: People who have asthma can cough out white or pink mucus and one often experiences difficulty while breathing.
- Asthma is caused by an allergic reaction which leads to inflammation of the bronchial tubes.
On the other hand, chronic bronchitis can develop following a prolonged inflammation or infection to the airways or the bronchi. Factors like smoking, constant exposure to industrial pollutants, and cold air can lead to chronic bronchitis. One should remember that secondhand smoking (also known as passive smoking) is also one of the major causes of chronic bronchitis.
Garlic & Honey Tea
This remedy may not be appetizing for many, but it sure is a very effective one against dry cough. You will need to crush a few garlic cloves and then boil them in water so as to make garlic tea. Now add a few drops of honey and cinnamon to the mix while it is still boiling and let the cinnamon extracts seep out thoroughly. You may add a few cloves of cardamom as well. This tea will get you feeling better in no time.
The Best Natural Remedies for Bronchial CoughBronovil Cough Relief Kit contains homeopathic drops, and natural supplement, formulated to help target the source of upper respiratory infection. Bronovil consists of only the pharma-grade quality ingredients that have been clinically developed to deliver the best results. Bronovil's ingredients have been used for hundreds of years to support healthy lungs and respiratory system, helping in reducing inflammation and cough and support respiratory health. Decreasing inflammation and supporting healing has been shown to eliminate the discomfort and flare-ups related to upper respiratory infections.
More about This Product »
Steaming hot food and soups like chicken soup and broth are excellent options for congestion.
- Light exercise is also helpful.
- Avoid exercising in dust and polluted outdoors.
- Also, stay away from smoke, chemical fumes, and alcohol.
- They worsen the congestion and irritation.
Conventional Treatment Options
During pregnancy, it is recommended to avoid medicines, especially in the first three months. Before using any over-the-counter drugs, always consult your doctor for medicines that can be safely taken during pregnancy. Drugs like Robitussin, Robitussin DM, and Vicks plain cough syrup are considered to be safe during pregnancy. However, medical advice is strictly recommended before taking any over-the-counter medicines.
Now Let's Turn Towards the Arguments in the Walking Pneumonia Vs
Bronchitis debate. Your health care professional will be in a position to diagnose whether you are suffering from walking pneumonia or bronchitis. The symptoms of walking pneumonia are similar to common cold and flu, namely consisting of fever, sore throat, and headaches. Other symptoms include enlarged lymph glands, muscle aches, trouble in breathing, skin rashes, etc. On the other hand, the symptoms of bronchitis are cough with white, yellow or greenish mucus, headaches, chills, fever, wheezing, sore throat, and soreness in the chest.
Coughing Up Green Mucus Contrary to what many think, mucus secretion is important for the body. This sticky secretion lubricates our respiratory organs and protects their membranes against infectious bacteria, fungi, and other environmental pollutants. An average human...
- Salt-water Gargling: This remedy helps to bring the mucus to the upper throat and soothes the throat; it also fights infection.
- So, boil 3 cups of water and add 4 tablespoons of salt to it.
- Wait till this solution becomes warm, gargle with this solution.
- Repeat this around 3 - 4 times a day.
- Remedies for White MucusUnderstand that one should try home remedies only to treat white mucus.
- However, if you are coughing up mucus which has blood in it or is green-colored, instead of using home remedies seek immediate medical treatment.
- As coughing up mucus which is bloody, green or has brown phlegm are serious conditions that need immediate medical attention.
- Flu: Influenza, including swine flu can lead to overproduction of clear phlegm.
- Other symptoms related to this condition are fever, runny nose, headache, muscle pain, and sore throat.
What is chronic bronchitis and what are its types
Bronchitis? acute and chronic causes, picture, and overview . , . . . . In most cases, the infection is viral in origin, but sometimes it's caused by bacteria. If you are ...
GERD: Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease relates to a condition where the fluids from the stomach flow backwards to the esophagus which is the tube connecting the stomach to the mouth. This irritates the throat and causes white phlegm along with other symptoms like chest pain, sore throat, sensation of lump in the throat, etc.
- Trauma: Any injury to the lungs or the chest wall causes this condition.
- It can be a result of gunshot, accident, or any direct injury to the lung.
- Medical surgeries, like open lung biopsy or any other lung surgery may also be a reason.
- Licorice Tea: Licorice is a natural expectorant.
- Also, it helps to soothe the throat.
- Combine licorice tea with peppermint and add honey for taste.
- Drink this tea twice a day.
- Honey and Ginger: Ginger contains oleoresins which helps get rid of excess mucus and fight infection.
- Honey coats the throat and soothes it.
- So, take small pieces of fresh ginger and mix it with honey.
- Chew slowly and swallow the mix.
Cough Syrups: Many Cough Syrups are Available OTC
So, buy a bottle of cough syrup which acts as an expectorant. However, make sure you get the right bottle, as some bottles come for children while some for adults. Also, some bottles can make you drowsy, so buy the non-drowsy bottles of syrup if you wish to work after taking the cough syrup.
Breathing problems in canines could be caused due to a wide variety of reasons. Here's some information on the common contributory factors for wheezing in dogs.
An allergic reaction could occur when dogs inhale or ingest a substance that their immune system recognizes to be a threat. Sometimes dogs may wheeze after coming in contact with certain airborne allergens. Pollen, dust, smoke, chemicals from pesticides, perfumes, rubber, flea bites, drugs, vaccines and certain food items could cause an allergic reaction in some dogs. Besides noisy breathing, the affected dog may also exhibit symptoms such as coughing, itching, vomiting or runny nose.
MRSA Lung Infection Causes the Skin to Appear Dry, Red, Irritated, Swollen, and Itchy
Some people might also suffer from skin infection where pimple-like bumps filled with pus may appear on the skin. It is contagious and can spread through skin contact. Along with the symptoms mentioned above, one might also suffer from chills, fever, and cough. Shortness of breath, fatigue, and body ache is also experienced by people suffering from the condition. In severe cases, individuals may suffer from urinary tract infection as well.