Allergic Bronchitis: Cough Remedies
The body's natural reflex reaction to get rid of mucus, trapped organisms, and foreign material from the lungs and throat is by coughing. There are 2 types of cough, one is productive cough and the other is termed as non-productive cough. In productive cough, the lungs are filled with mucus and one needs to cough up the phlegm. In non-productive cough, mucus is not produced and one suffers from dry cough. One may suffer from either chronic or acute cough. There are several causes of cough, like asthma, allergies, inflammation of the larynx or pharynx, bacterial respiratory infection, smoking, inhalation of irritants, changes in weather, etc. In the following paragraphs, we shall cover some remedies that will help you get rid of this annoying condition.
- Fever: The body temperature often increases because of the infection.
- If it is an upper respiratory infection, then usually one gets a mild fever.
- However, the actual a fever due to pneumonia, may outdo 101 degrees F.
Cough: An inflammation in the air passing that is in between the nose and the lungs leads to a lot of irritation in the throat which gives rise to a chesty cough. To begin with, it is a dry cough but as mucous gets accumulated, thick mucus is expelled that is yellow or green in color. Repeated cough contracts the thoracic hole so badly that traces of blood may come out with the particular phlegm. The cough bothers the patient for at least 7-10 days, if not weeks.
Chest infection is quite common among both adults as well as young children. It is of two different types. One is related to upper respiratory tract infection in which the nasal area, sinus cavities, larynx and pharynx are usually required. In the other one, the lower respiratory tract is attacked and the lungs get affected. This is a more serious condition as well as can be found in people suffering from pneumonia.
- Soak 5 to 6 almonds overnight and peel their skin off in the morning.
- Grind the almonds to a fine paste and add a bit of sugar to it.
- Eat this paste to treat your dry cough.
Given below is a brief introduction to the types of pneumonia as well as their recovery time particulars, then some general information about this disease.
Types of PneumoniaThe lungs tend to be divided into functional units referred to as lobes. In the event that the infection or the inflammation occurs only in a particular lobe it is termed lobar pneumonia; but if many patches all over the lungs are affected, it is known as bronchial pneumonia. However, pneumonia is more commonly classified as bacterial or viral, on the basis of the causative agent. Apart from this, other uncommon types of pneumonia include fungal, parasitic, idiopathic or noninfectious pneumonia, as well as faith pneumonia.
You can Prepare a Tea Containing 1 Lemon Juice and a Tablespoon of Honey
Honey helps soothe the irritated throat and clear the dry cough. A glass of hot milk mixed with a tablespoon of honey is also effective. You can drink this milk at bedtime, as it will prevent coughing and help you sleep peacefully.
Dry drowning is considered an extremely serious matter, and it is strongly recommended that parents to keep an eye on their children while they swim in the pool. Even after the swimming session is over, parents or guardians should observe the child for the above symptoms. Likewise, children who have been playing in water (such as water parks, bathtubs, etc.) also need to be monitored for dry drowning symptoms.
- The Causes If we speak of acute bronchitis, then more often than not, the cause is detected to be a viral infection in 90% of cases.
- And the virus that causes it is usually the same pathogen that causes common cold or influenza (flu).
- This type of the condition, as seen in most patients, begins after a person contracts cold or a sore throat.
Common cold is the most common medical condition in the world. Common cold is a mild infection caused by virus, and is characterized by sore throat, low-grade fever, cough, sneezing, and runny nose. Common cold is very contagious and commonly seen in infants and children.
- Treatment When the signs and symptoms are mild, they may not really require any medical treatment, they might subside independently.
- Average to serious infections are diagnosed with the help of laboratory check like X-rays and mucus test test.
- The signs tend to get worse with exposure to toxic stimulants such as dust, smoke, chemicals, and so on.
- Therefore, you need to stay away from them.
- You need to cover up the face although sneezing and breathing problems in order to avoid spread of infection.
Combination of warm water and mustard, when put on the chest, provides enormous relief from the bouts of cough.
Contributing Elements and Symptoms
Bronchitis describes the soreness of the lining of the bronchial tubes in which perform the important task of carrying air to and from the lungs. Viral and bacterial infections are the most common causes of bronchitis. More often than not, the viruses that cause cold and flu are responsible for causing the soreness of bronchial tubes. Bronchitis may also come to be pneumonia in the absence of prompt treatment.
Congestive Heart Failure (CHF)
A more severe condition than the ones mentioned earlier, congestive heart failure has intermittent coughing (sometimes accompanied by gagging) as one of its early symptoms. The coughing grows worse with excitation or physical exertion. In most dogs, the cough begins at night after they go to sleep.
Usually, severe respiratory disease develops from common cold or even other respiratory diseases. So, the symptoms of bronchitis may include runny nasal, sore throat, muscular aches, and general exhaustion. The actual onset of the disease is marked with dry cough. As the problem worsens, the cough may well bring up mucous, which can be white or yellowish-green in color. Occasionally, the sputum can be blood-tinged also. In case of extreme respiratory disease, slight temperature and chills may also create. High fever can be a symptom of bronchitis that is caused by flu.
Dry Cough Cures
Dry cough is mostly caused due to an allergy, viral infection, asthma attack, exposure to foreign bodies or chemicals, and even heavy smoking. You can resort to a few remedies to get rid of this condition at the earliest.
- Plant known as savory is often recommended in order to remove the mucus accumulated in the lungs.
- Usually consumed with tea, the herb will be obtained once in a day.
- Thyme (herb) can also help to eliminate mucus and fight lung infection.
- Gargling: This is a very good way to control the neck discomfort.
- Dissolve one teaspoon of salt in a cup of warm water and use this remedy for gargling several times in a day.
- This will rinse out your mucus from the throat and reduce the frequency of coughing.
- You can add 1 tablespoon of salt to lukewarm water and use it to gargle.
- It is a very beneficial remedy.
- Mix 1 gram turmeric powder with 1 tablespoon of honey.
- Have this mixture thrice a day to get rid of dry cough quickly.
- Remedy: Lowering the dose of the recommended medicine may help to avoid these kinds of unwanted side effects.
- However, if the 'chills' continue to trouble you, you're ready to change the medicine and look for other options.
Bacterial Lung Infection This infection is caused by Methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus Aureus (MRSA) -- a strain of Staphylococcus bacteria that is resistant to most antibiotics. It is very common in patients, who are hospitalized. The most commonly observed symptom of bacterial lung infection is inflammation. In the affected region, the local cells release histamine, which gives rise to inflammation. This can further cause production of mucus, increase in the flow of blood, and swelling, too. Irritation of the skin is also one of the symptoms of bacterial lung infection.
Side effects of prescription drugs are common, especially when the dose of medicine is incorrect. The individual put on drugs for the treatment of a specific disease, may experience classes of continual chills but surprisingly the temperature would be normal.
Smoking Cigarette smoke cigarettes consists of large amounts of toxic matter as well as to ensure the cleanup of these toxins, the body produces huge amounts of thick mucus which often gets stuck in the airways providing a breeding ground for bacteria and other infections.
Basically, nose cough is a symptom of a sinus infection which is also known as sinusitis. In this condition, irritation happens in the small sinus cavities. It mostly happens when the upper respiratory tract is attacked by viruses like the common cold virus, bacteria or fungi. If your nasal passage gets irritated due to exposure to things that trigger allergies, dirt, smoking or harmful chemicals, then also it may lead to sinus irritation and infection.
Sore Throat and Tonsillitis
If you notice your dog gagging and coughing weakly, after he swallows or licks his lips, then suspect sore throat and tonsillitis as the underlying causes. These two conditions, in canines, almost always go hand in hand. The latter usually occurs as a secondary symptom of the former.
Is Viral Bronchitis Contagious? The treatment of viral bronchitis differs from that of bacterial bronchitis. Consequently, it is essential to have the situation identified properly before commencing treatment.Bronchitis is a respiratory problem in which occurs when the bronchi...
- Breathing Difficulty: As the nose and rest of the respiratory tract gets blocked with thick mucus, breathing issue arises.
- Consequently, one starts getting shallow and also fast breaths.
- It also produces wheezing sound during inhalation.
SYMPTOMS OF ALLERGIC BRONCHITIS
A presentation that inform people of what are the things they might experience of having allergic bronchitis.-- Created using PowToon -- Free sign up at ...
- Common Cold Common cold may also lead to the formation of green mucus.
- The chilly earns dry cough, an inflamed throat and a runny nose that leads to the formation of green mucus.
You can shred an onion and add 1 teaspoon of thyme leaf and a cup of honey. This mixture should be added to a pan and heated till it becomes soft. This mixture can then be added to the child's food and see the cough disappear. The remaining mixture can be refrigerated and used when needed.
- You can even squeeze a lemon and mix it with drinking water.
- Lemon juice is also one of many tried-and-tested home remedies for cough and cold for children.
Case of inner bleeding, or if a fungal golf ball has formed in the lung area, antifungal medications are of no use since they can not penetrate this ball. In such a case, the patient may have to undergo embolization, to prevent bleeding, or surgery to remove the fungus ball. In case of hypersensitive aspergillosis, dental corticosteroids are known to be effective in stopping the infection. In people with compromised immune system, the underlying issue has to be addressed.
When to Seek Medical Help?
It is important to contact your doctor if you develop these serious symptoms: Both cold and flu viruses type in the body through mucous membranes of the eyes, nose, and mouth. Therefore, every time you touch one of those areas of your system you might contaminate yourself if you have been exposed to a virus. For that reason, it is very important, especially during cold and flu season, to wash your hands frequently and avoid close contact with sick people. To prevent seasonal flu, you can get a flu shot to develop antibodies and provide protection. Nevertheless, if you do get the flu (either seasonal or swine flu), prescription antiviral drugs such as tamiflu as well as relenza may help. Bed rest and also chicken soup are also good treatment options. In spite of following the aforesaid measures, if you are still feeling poor or perhaps getting worse after a couple of days, you need to seek medical help.
While flu virus or varicella zoster virus are known to cause pneumonia in children and young adults, this condition can also be caused as a result of microorganism called Streptococcus pneumoniae. People who contract like attacks are likely to experience symptoms such as:
Coughing can be classified into 2 categories: productive and dry (unproductive). A productive cough results in the discharge of sputum or mucus, whereas the latter is simply an irritation in the lungs caused by some other reasons. A dry hacking cough is most commonly seen towards the later stages of a common cold, and can also be caused by some external irritants like smoke or dust.
The Symptoms For both acute and chronic form of the condition, the most common and classic symptom is a hacking cough. This cough may make the patient spit out mucus which can be yellow-grey, green, white or clear. These can be worsened by a feeling of being tired (sometimes even without any exertion), low-grade fever, chills and an uneasy feeling in the chest. Sore throat, wheezing, nasal congestion, and body aches are some other symptoms that may occur. These symptoms may vary in their severity, depending on whether the problem is acute or chronic. For instance, if the person is diagnosed with acute bronchitis, then he may be troubled by a cough that would last for several weeks. However, the same does not subside even until three months for about two years, then the case might be declared to be one of a chronic bronchitis.
- An older child can be given ginger tea as this concoction proves to be one of the most effective remedies for cough.
- Add a piece of ginger to the tea and allow the child to drink it twice a day.
- You can even prepare a special tea by adding 1 tablespoon of honey, juice of half a lemon, and warm water.
- This concoction can be given to the child to drink, and it helps to get rid of the cough as well as congestion.
- Herbal teas made from peppermint and chamomile can be given to older children.
Pain: Chest an infection creates your body weak which is susceptible to pain. One may experience headaches quite frequently. The joints, bones, muscles and nerves of the body becomes soft and pain is experienced in various parts of the body. In this condition, back and neck pain mostly occur because of achy muscles.
- Causes These symptoms are commonly found if you suffer from any respiratory disorder.
- The following are the causes of fever and sore throat observed in adults and children.
Intra-alveolar pressure = 2T R T stands for tension and R stands for the radius of the alveolus. Effect of the Law of Laplace on the Alveoli Smaller alveoli have a larger intraluminal pressure. As gas flows from a region of high pressure to low pressure, it flows from the small to large alveolus, which can cause the small alveolus to collapse. However, the decrease in alveolar volume decreases surface area, which concentrates the surfactant molecules. This reduces the surface tension. When the surface tension decreases due to the surfactant, the pressure becomes lower in the small alveolus. As a result, gas flows from the large alveolus to the smaller one. This prevents it from collapsing.
- You can peel a small piece of ginger and sprinkle some salt on it.
- Chew this piece of ginger as it is an effective dry cough remedy.
- A nice, hot bath or shower and breathing in the steam will also help relieve the dry cough.
Your cough does not get better in a few days of trying these home remedies, see your doctor. If you cough up green; yellow; or brown mucus or blood or bloody mucus, visit the doctor immediately. Shortness of breath accompanied by chest pain, night sweats, persistent chills, laryngitis, skin rash, ear ache, tooth ache, headache, etc., needs medical attention. Persistent coughing also needs a doctor's attention at the earliest.
There has been a substantial debate about the difference between expectorants and suppressants with the same treatment applied to expectorants and decongestants. Well, we may conclude that both work at dealing with cough; however, their mode or method differs from the others. Expectorants are generally prescribed for day time, used to bring out the mucous by loosening it; on the other hand a suppressant is recommended to be consumed before going to sleep time to control the power of cough, thereby promoting sound sleep. The syrup has to be taken by mouth, however a doctor's doctor prescribed enclosed the medication is a primary requirement. Managing the do it yourself with out prescription may not be best to control the problem.
- Due to the presence of fluid or pus in the lungs, the lungs are not able to perform their duties correctly.
- The main task of the lung area is to circulate o2 to all the cells in the body, after purifying it from the air.
- Pneumonia confines this functionality of the lungs, and reduces the amount of oxygen that reaches the various parts of the body.
Coughing is usually a symptom of some disease or ailment, and it is not a disease in itself. The body responds to the presence of some waste material present in the air passageways by inducing a cough to push out the irritants out of the system. The heaviness of a cough often helps a doctor to determine the exact cause behind it and suggest some suitable medication for the condition. Similarly, even a dry hacking cough is the symptom of a disease that has primarily affected the lungs, or the airways in the body.
- You can extract the juice from a finely chopped onion and add about 2 teaspoons of it to 2 teaspoons of honey.
- Mix well and keep it aside for 5 to 6 hours.
- Then, take one teaspoon of this mixture at least 2 times a day.
Another easy and effectual cure involves the use of apple cider vinegar and honey. Mix a teaspoon of apple cider vinegar with equal amounts of honey. Drink this concoction to cure cough. Similarly, mix equal amount of aloe vera juice or gel with honey and take a teaspoon of this mixture. It will soothe your throat and provide quick relief.
Cough Remedies for Children
Children are the ones most affected by cough, cold, and flu. This is because their immune system is developing and cannot cope with the common infections. There are many treatment options for babies that you can try at home and help your child get better. These natural remedies do not cause any allergic or adverse side effects.
Severe Viral Infections, Lips and Nails May Turn Blue
Dehydration is also one of the main symptoms of infected lungs. Candida infection caused by a fungus exhibits the same symptoms as are exhibited in other types of infections. In some severe cases, surgical removal of very large mass of fungus becomes an essential part of the treatment.
- You can even bring home a humidifier and place it in your bedroom or living room.
- This will help heal your dry cough and keep respiratory infections at bay.
With postinflammatory pulmonary fibrosis, the sensitive tissues in the lungs scar or thicken due to fibrosis. With such increase in thickness, the muscles become taut and rigid. This reduces the lungs ability to expand and contract, and hence difficulty in breathing. There is no exact cause for such fibrosis. Usually this condition occurs, after some disease and infection has attacked the lungs. While there are at least a hundred lung diseases and various causes, that result in such growth, here are some common ones:Workers in mines of coal and precious metals, ship workers and sand blasters, are at a higher risk of lung diseases and hence fibrosis, due to the nature of their work. Smokers, especially over 40 years old individuals, are at a risk. Research in this field has shown the chance of a genetic disposition with this condition.