Bronchitis Cures: Cough Treatment During Pregnancy
Cough and cold can be really annoying, especially during pregnancy. What is more problematic is that the pregnant women cannot use all types of cough medications, as certain ingredients can have an adverse effect on the developing fetus. So, they should always check the ingredients and confirm with their physician before taking them. Here are some medications and home remedies that can be safely used by expectant mothers.
The ancient health beverage of the Chinese herbalists, Greeks and Romans, licorice is also another reliable home remedy to get rid of cough and cold. Having demulcent and expectorant properties, licorice tea aids in the expulsion of the phlegm from the respiratory tract, while soothing the sinus cavities and throat. Licorice tea is especially good for productive cough. Seep the roots in boiling water for about 10 minutes and strain it. You can add a sweetener to the beverage if you don't like the strong flavor.
Human Heart Consists of Four Enclosures or Chambers
The two upper chambers called the right and left atria, receive the impure blood and pass it into the lower chambers called right and left ventricles. The blood then moves on from the heart to the lungs where the gases are exchanged. In this entire process, the heart valves make sure that the direction of the blood flow is maintained. When the muscular left ventricle is not capable enough to push out sufficient amount of blood into the lungs, enormous pressure is build up in the left atrium, pulmonary veins and capillaries. To relieve this pressure, fluids from the blood vessels of the lungs are pushed into the alveoli.
Pertussis Also known as whooping-cough, this ailment is more common in children than adults. Nonetheless, adults too could be victims of pertussis. Whooping cough is characterized by a 'whoop' appear that is caused at the conclusion of each coughing episode. One is bound to have wheezing, harsh coughing seem, watery eye balls and runny nose with language seldom sticking out and also turning blue in response to the intensity of the cough.
Benefits of Taking Herbal Tea
A number of benefits of herbal tea can be availed by the consumption of this beverage. Herbal tea can be used as a remedy for dry as well as wet (or productive) cough. Here are some of the positive effects of taking a cup of herbal tea. These herbal teas can also be given to children. Sipping hot herbal tea and inhaling the steam emanating from it, helps control the symptoms and also speeds up the recovery time of this respiratory illness.
Can Allergies Cause Torso Congestion?
Yes, Allergies can cause torso blockage." You may be surprised to know that there are a number of individuals who suffer from this health problems, however, do not even bother to consult their family physician. I hope you are not one among them.
Is essential to recognize the signs of viral lung infection in the early stages, so that it can be promptly handled, before it leads to help expand complications. Before giving treatment, the health care provider may conduct a battery of diagnostic tests to determine the degree of the infection and also it's spread to other organs in the body. The actual tests may include chest X-ray, sputum tests, MRI and CT check regarding closer prognosis as well as a physical examination of the person. The physician may also observe and study the symptoms of the viral lung infection. Once the test indicates the presence of the particular pathogens, the medical practitioner may continue in the direction of treatment. This range from government of anti viral drugs and medications to get rid of the germs. If the person is actually struggling with breathing issues as well as other complications, then he might be admitted to the hospital for observation and treatment.
- As a summation of the above, remember that viral bronchitis is caused due to the same virus that causes cold and flu.
- Therefore, if suffering from these conditions, you should get them treated immediately in order to prevent viral bronchitis.
Coughing is a reflex action, necessary for clearing the particular sputum, secretions, and foreign particles from the breathing passage. The response action of cough is one of the best body's defense mechanisms, which is activated by the obstruction or irritation of the respiratory tract. Cough is actually accompanied by a typical sounds that results from the act of exhaling atmosphere out of the blue for clearing the actual phlegm or congestion. It is one of the most common symptoms of particular viral infections such as influenza, pneumonia, and bronchitis. Asthma, allergies, smoking, and stress will be the triggering factors with regard to cough. Many over-the-counter medications are available for the treatment of cough; however they may cause specific side effects, if used for a longer time. Therefore, use of old-fashioned remedies is the best option to relieve cough. These treatments are simple, easy to use, as well as safe.
Coughing is an unpleasant experience and there are no two ways about it. The worst type is the dry cough which usually does not contain phlegm or saliva. This sort of cough affects the throat a good deal and sometimes the pain continues even after the bout of cough went. It also hurts tummy, which eventually leads to the human body in order to ache as a result of the sheer force with which these types of times appear. A throat infection is the most common cause of dry cough.
- Include foods rich in zinc such as pork, bulgaria, eggs, yogurt, beef, or oysters (cooked) in what you eat.
- Zinc will help strengthen the immune system.
- Additionally, citrus fruits just like oranges, apple, strawberries, kiwi, bell peppers, tomato, red cabbage, and so on., can help fight the symptoms.
What is Asthmatic Bronchitis
Asthmatic bronchitis is a condition that occurs in people who have been suffering from asthma and contract bronchitis or vice versa. The symptoms of both these conditions are more or less the same, and hence, it is difficult to distinguish between the two conditions. Asthma, bronchitis and asthmatic bronchitis can be triggered off due to several factors like smoking, exposure to air borne pollution like smoke, dust, pollen, mold, etc. As mentioned above, viral or bacterial infection is also one of the major causes of this condition. Asthmatic bronchitis or bronchial asthma is related to Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD) which occurs when a person suffers from severe and chronic difficulty breathing. The symptoms observed in people suffering from this condition are shortness of breath and difficulty in breathing, cough, chest tightness, wheezing, excess mucus production, etc.
Difficulty in Breathing and Coughing
Very common symptom that can be easily observed by parents is problems in breathing. Check that your child is not coughing coughing or even having any small difficulty in breathing. Check for any physical changes or change in the body language of your son or daughter. Many a time, the unintentional intake of water brings about coughing. If this coughing persists for a long time, it is quite possible that there is water in his/her lungs.
- As the name suggests, allergic broncho-pulmonary aspergillosis affects people who suffer from respiratory problems like asthma.
- This condition is also known to affect people with cystic fibrosis.
- In this condition, the patient often develops chronic allergic reaction.
- The common symptoms which accompany include wheezing, fever and cough.
- It is caused due to the fungus lining the airway.
Almonds are Useful for the Treatment of Dry Cough
Soak the almonds in normal water overnight and eliminate their own skin in the morning. Grind the almonds making a uniform stick. Add about 20 gm of sugar and butter to the almond paste. This blend should be taken twice a day, in the morning and evening.
- Aniseed is considered to be a good remedy for dry cough.
- Regular consumption of aniseed tea helps to break up the mucous.
- Bronchitis Bronchitis is a disease which has an effect on the bronchi, where acute inflammation of the air passages is seen.
- In most cases, the inflammation outcomes due to an infection.
- Air is taken from the trachea to the lungs with the help of the bronchi.
- Infection as well as inflammation as a result of irritability, damage the cells present in the particular bronchi.
- The actual cilia existing on the cells are responsible for trapping and removing the inhaled foreign bodies.
- A blocking of the cilia results in an obstruction in the airways and dirt can no longer flow easily.
- Mucus, which looks like cough, is actually then created.
- There are two main types of bronchitis, namely acute and chronic.
- Acute bronchitis takes about ten days, whereas chronic bronchitis may last for three months or more.
- The symptoms of bronchitis are: Walking Pneumonia or Bronchitis?
- Using an extra pillow or sleeping in a sitting position with you head increased, can ease breathing, without preventing the nasal passages.
- You can also use sinus strips for better breathing.
- People who are at risk of pulmonary embolism must try to prevent the formation of blood clots in their bloodstream by being active.
- Moving around as much as possible can help prevent the formation of clots.
- While traveling in an airplane, one must get up each hr and walk around.
- During lengthy car journeys, cease every two hours and extend your legs and walk.
- Prevention surpasses cure!
- Thus take care!
The clot wedge prevents blood from traveling past it to the other side of the lung, thereby preventing that portion of the lung from receiving oxygen. Thus, a blood clot in the lung is formed. Lack of oxygen supply causes death of lung muscle. The body is seen to be able to break up the small clots rapidly and tries to keep the damage minimum. Nonetheless, large clots or even emboli can cause the particular lung region to perish and also may also lead to death. Regarding 1% of the population is affected with pulmonary embolism.
- The human respiratory system consists of anatomical structures that act as passageway for inhaled air.
- The air that we breathe in, flows through the nasal passage and travels through the pharynx, larynx and the trachea.
- The trachea or the windpipe branches further into the right and left bronchial tubes.
- The bronchial tubes branch out into smaller branches that are called bronchioles.
- Clusters of tiny sacs, also referred to as alveolar sacs, are located at the end of the bronchioles.
- These sacs are surrounded by thin-walled capillaries.
The oxygen from these tiny sacs is passed on into the capillaries, while carbon dioxide from the capillaries is released into the sacs, and is then exhaled out. While the air supplies us with the life-giving oxygen, there are unwanted environmental irritants, allergens or pathogens that we may inhale. Inhalation of these substances can cause inflammation of the airways. The terms 'bronchitis' and 'bronchiolitis' refer to the inflammation of the bronchi and bronchioles respectively. Now that you have a basic idea about the anatomy of the respiratory system, let's learn about the difference between bronchitis and bronchiolitis.
To sum up, the use of cough medicines during pregnancy should be minimized. Pregnant women having cough should talk to their physician regarding the use of appropriate medications, rather than practicing self-medication. Even though some cough medications can be safely used by expectant mothers, they should not be used for a prolonged period.
The expectorant that is considered to be safe to for use during maternity is guaifenesin. However, this medication should not be used for a prolonged time period and it is better to consult the doctor before opting for it. The most commonly used cough suppressant in maternity is dextromethorphan. In one animal study, this medication has been found to cause birth defects in chick embryo. However, this study is believed to be defective in nature and dextromethorphan is largely considered as safe to be used by pregnant women. However, still, they should take it only after consulting their physician.
Symptoms Difficulty in breathing, heaviness when breathing in the chest, persistent coughing, rigidity when inhaling and exhaling, palpitation, and chest pains tend to be the most common symptoms one might experience. These are mostly the symptoms of pregnancy as compared to any underlying illness. So, do not expect them to vanish overnight.
Another Important Remedy is the Use of Natural Onions
Finely chop a raw onion and extract the juice. Blend one teaspoon with the onion liquid with one tsp of honey and also maintain it for approximately 4-5 several hours. Eat this particular excellent cough syrup twice a day. Another home remedy with onions is to crush a raw onion and add fruit juice of 1 lemon. Add one goblet of boiling water for this mixture. You can also add honey for better taste. Take in this mixture 2-3 times a day. This preparation is helpful in treating phlegm.
Know the Causes
According to studies, the levels of estrogen and progesterone rise during pregnancy. As a result, the nasal membranes (also the mucous membranes) swell, causing them to dry out easily. So, even a slight cold and cough can make the nose and torso feel stuffy.
- For chest congestion, use a little vapor caress containing menthol.
- Rub it on your own chest, guitar neck, and nose for relief.
- Symptoms of Viral Lung Infection The symptoms of lung infection may vary from individual to individual.
- The symptoms may be mild or severe, depending on the duration of the infection.
- Viral Lung Infection Cure
Do Not Try to Massage the Pulled Muscles
This is because, if you rub your fingers over the muscle, the movement of the muscle groups may have a detrimental effect on the delicate muscle fibers. While recovering from a pulled muscle, you shouldn't drink alcohol or smoke, as these substances slow down the healing process.
Treatment for Asthmatic Bronchitis
Although asthmatic bronchitis is not a life-threatening condition, it is essential to take proper medical help in order to prevent the condition from becoming severe. The doctor will advise the person to use bronchodilators to clear the air ways, which will make breathing easier. Secondly, the doctor will also prescribe some corticosteroids and inhalers which will also help treat symptoms like shortness of breath and breathing difficulty. Apart from the treatment methods, there are several preventive measures that need to be followed to prevent activation of the condition. Smoking (active as well as passive) should be avoided completely; one should try to avoid exposure to smoke, dust, or use a face mask; one should vacuum regularly, and stay away from hairy pets.
- One of the most common risk or side effect that can occur in people suffering from whooping cough is secondary infection.
- The infection in the lungs can worsen and lead to bacterial pneumonia.
- You must be aware that pneumonia of any kind can be serious and life-threatening.
- Therefore, more than 50% of the cases of the total number of deaths caused due to whooping cough, are caused due to bacterial pneumonia.
- It should be noted that the effects of bacterial pneumonia are more pronounced and severe in babies and children.
Bronchitis Treatment Methods - Bronchitis Treatment For Chronic and Acute Bronchitis
Bronchitis Treatment Methods - Bronchitis Treatment For Chronic and Acute Bronchitis : Treat bronchitis with saltwater, almonds and lemon water. The saltwater ...
- Medications may be needed in cases where the cough is persistent and not showing any signs of backing down.
- Always opt for doctor's prescribed cough syrups so that there is no doubt about their safety and effectiveness.
- Also try to sleep on your left side, as it is thought to help ease the lungs and suppress bouts of cough.
Ginger Tea is Known for Its Soothing Effect
Make a mixture of 1 inch of grated fresh ginger main, 1 clove garlic, fresh sliced lemon, and two cups of water. Keep this mixture on the gas and take it to boil. Lessen the heat and allow it to simmer for about Twenty minutes. Ginger tea helps to available the nasal passages.
Symptoms The most prominent symptom of a pulled muscle is that you feel a sharp pain at the injuries site each and every time a person cough. The intensity of the pain usually varies from mild to severe and it depends on the severity of damage caused to the muscles. The pain has a tendency to get aggravated when you try to flex the actual affected muscle tissue. The spot is soft to be able to touch and you can really feel some stiffness and swelling in the area. If it is a serious damage in the chest or abdominal muscles, then you can feel the pain even when you breathe. This intensifies once the muscle tissue tend to be contracted for inhaling and exhaling and it eases off a little when the muscles undergo relaxation. Sometimes, when chest or abdominal muscles are hurt, one may find it difficult to bend down or pose the body as well.
- Another remedy which is said to be excellent is the consumption of a sauce made from raisins.
- To prepare this kind of sauce, grind about 100 game master of raisins with drinking water.
- Then, add about 100 game master of sugar and allow this mixture in order to heat.
- Consume about 20 gm of the sauce everyday at night.